Friday 13 January 2012

A Recap

2011 has been such an amazing year...probably the best year of my life. The amount of stuff fun life that I was able to pack into this past year was astounding. If 2012 is only half as good, I know I will still be lucky. Now that we're back from the trip, and fully in the house, and able to figure a few things out, I could finally get to the few resolutions I have, and to do a bit of a recap of the past year. I've seen many "year in review" type things going around, and I've never actually done one, so I thought it would be fun.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
       Well, lets see, I moved out of my parents house to live with Jase, got married, left the country 3 times, left the continent, bought a house...there was a lot of firsts for 2011

2. Did you keep any New Years resolutions, did you make any this year?
         Well I didnt set any resolutions in stone at the beginning of last year, I had "planned" to lose weight, which clearly I failed at haha. There are a few resolutions this year that I plan on keeping. (Lost weight is one of them hehe)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
        YES! A lot of people I know. Ones I got to spend the most time with were Lisa and Hayden (who was both the youngest and best dressed guest at my wedding) and Kristy and Lacey. Two cousins on Jason's side of the family also gave birth to adorable little girls.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
         Thankfully, there was no one.

5. What countries did you visit?
          We visited Peru on our honeymoon, Cuba in October, and the States again at the end of the year

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
         A baby in my arms...although I would settle for at least in my belly.

7.  What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory?
          Pretty easy...May 21! Because I had the funnest wedding around!

8. What was your biggest acheivement of 2011?
          Hands down, petting a baby llama...that was seriously on my bucket list!

9. What was the best thing you bought?
           The house for sure...but the beautiful apron front sink (that we got for a CRAZY deal) is a close second haha.

10. Where did most of your money go?
         The wedding and honeymoon...then just when we thought we were in the clear, to the house market we went! This year I know most of our money will go into renos haha.

11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
        a) happier or sadder? happier (although I was also pretty happy this time last year)
        b) thinner or fatter? umm...about the same, although the plan was to be thinner
        c) richer or poorer? again, about the same...although if I don't find a job soon we may very well be poorer.

12. What do you wish you'd done more of?
          I wish I'd done more with trying to start up my Dancing Llama stationery business (that's another resolution for this year)

13. What do you wish you'd done less of?
         Making excuses - for losing weight, for doing more with my business, for making projects, for cleaning the house...I always seemed to have some sort of inner dialogue of excuses running around in my head.

14.  Where did you begin 2011, and where did you end it?
          2011 began at a party at the "manor"...and it ended under a shower of balloons on the cruise ship in the Mississippi river!

15. What was your favourite book you read?
           Since I don't really remember many of the book, I suppose it'd have to be The Help

16. What was your favourite movie you saw?
          Harry Potter hands down...Meredith and I cried through pretty much the entire movie, such a mixture of emotions. Very sad to see my childhood have to finally come to an end. Harry and the gang has been with me since grade 6!

17. What did you do for your birthday, and how old did you turn?
        I turned 24, and Jason and I went to New Market for the weekend. We had some fun winter engagement shots by my friend (and fabulous photog) Laura. We also got to visit with Ruth! (I miss you Ruth)

18. What one thing would have made your year immesurably more satisfying?
         Getting pregnant

19. What kept you sane?
         Haha...I'm not sane! But probably the fact that we always had so much going on that there wasn't really a chance to think about things!

20. Who did you miss?
          A lot of people!  A lot friends moved away...doesn't hurt my feelings or anything. Breanne (who moved to BC), Kristin (who lives in Edmonton), Sam, Ruth, Laura. Come on guys...I don't really have many girl friends, you guys have to stop moving away!

21. Who was the best new person you met?
          It's a tie...between Hayden and Lacey...becuase well, they're new haha. And they're super cute, and I got to see them a lot

22. What's a valuable life lesson you learned?
          That things happen for a reason, and there is some sort of plan. Even though you think you want something, or you think you're ready for something doesn't neccesarily mean it's the right time. but at the same time, don't let an opportunity pass you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment